Current Job Openings
If you are passionate about a career that will allow you to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families, consider the following openings at Douglas Cherokee Head Start.
Central Office/Other Openings:
Program: Head Start/Early Head Start
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Hamblen County – Central Office
- Degree in Human Resource Management or related field required.
- Experience in developing, implementing and managing HR programs Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to select, develop, and motivate people and create a positive work environment.
- Ability to excel in personal interactions at all levels of the program and Agency.
- Must complete pre-employment physical and TB screen.
- Criminal background and driving record (IMVR) checks required.
- Travel in the 8-county service area with occasional over-night and/or extended travel for trainings.
- Professionalism in regard to Confidentiality is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and provide ongoing monitoring of HR policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance in recruitment and hiring to ensure positions are filled timely.
- Ensure new hire paperwork, reference and work history verifications are completed.
- Facilitate New Staff Orientation.
- Train and mentor parent representatives of the Policy Council Personnel Committee.
- Prepare personnel report to present to the Policy Council and for DCEA Board Head Start Committee.
- Provide guidance and expertise to employees and management in resolving personnel issues.
- Ensure all Head Start staff and Policy Council Personnel Committee members receive required Americans with Disabilities Act and Civil Rights Act training.
- Ensure compliance with all HR related regulatory and legal requirements.
- Assist the Agency HR Director with the administration of employee benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Develop, implement, and conduct human resources related training.
- Manage HR functions including personnel files, applicant tracking system, fingerprinting, Personnel Action Forms, staff file verification forms, etc.
- Review and revise personnel policies and procedures; report and recommend to Policy Council.
- Facilitate the development and revision of job descriptions.
- Oversee and direct the administrative assistant in time/attendance; unemployment; mass lay-off; etc.
- Direct and guide Coordinators, Area Managers and Supervisors in the HR area.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time, 37.5 hours/week, full year; non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send application and/or resume to: HR Manager; DCEA Head Start/Early Head Start, 127 Cedar Street, Morristown, TN 37814. Open to current Douglas-Cherokee employees at this time. Dead line for internal applicants to apply is February 11, 2020 4:00 PM.
Program: Head Start/Early Head Start
Job Title: Mentor Coach
Education/Experience Qualifications: Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child and Family Studies, Child Development, or related field and significant experience in a Head Start (or similar) program serving 3-5 year olds. Prefer CLASS Reliable; knowledge of CLASS and The Creative Curriculum for Preschool required. Effective communication skills and ability to provide appropriate feedback required. Must have experience in applying the principles of adult learning and facilitate/conduct trainings. Must have dependable vehicle for work-related duties to travel in 8 county service area, mileage is reimbursed.
Job Description: Will provide professional development services individualized to the learning needs/styles and background/experience of teaching staff. Subject areas include ongoing child assessment and its connection to teaching and learning; strategies for improving teacher-child interactions; effective strategies for working with culturally, linguistically, developmentally, and age diverse groups of children. Must demonstrate extensive knowledge of early childhood education including all domains of learning and development; must demonstrate familiarity with current research and translate into classroom instruction; must have experience providing and implementing early childhood education activities and training for teaching staff and parents.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time, 37.5 hours/week, 10 Months/year; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send application/resume to: HR Manager DCEA Head Start/Early Head Start, 127 Cedar Street, Morristown, TN 37814. Deadline to apply for internal applicants is 4:30 PM 12/11/2019. EOE.